Headboard for Bed

$35

Hello!

Today I will tell you how I made a headboard for the bed ( you can reed how I did bed ). I couldn't decide which headboard I should do. And then I saw the slatted headboard. I liked it so much that I decided to make something similar. Counted the cost, it turned out inexpensive. Estimated cost $ 35.

At hardware store saw вoards, and I really liked their corrugated structure. The material is alder. The bed itself is made of pine, it is very different in color and texture from the alder. But I still decided to stop at the alder.

I buy:

Boards 1800*45*15 mm - 13 PCs. 28$

Furniture Board 1200*200*20 – 1 PCs 7$

First of all I made shelves. From the furniture Board it came 4 shelves. It's size 30*20 cm.

So it will look like when i will finished it

I'm going to start making the headboard.

I saw off 3 boards 565 mm long (9 boards 45 mm + 8 indents for shelves 20mm). Then I take 2 boards and twist them at a 90 degree angle. I put the shelf against the first Board. Then I put another Board. And squeeze all with a clamp. Fix the second Board. Repeat procedure with the next row.

Then fasten the sides. I will connect with pocket hole jig. It's my homemade conductor

Marking, where i need to drill holes

After I assembled the headboard, I carefully sanded the surface.

I found the rest of the RGB led tape. I decided to use it. I stick it on the perimeter, additionally glue with thermal glue.

It remains only to hang on the wall

The number of shelves and the location you can chose as you like.

In the dark the headboard looks even more spectacular!

Now, the bed was finished. It looks great in the interior. In the evenings, the lighting creates a cozy, romantic atmosphere. It is also important that it is 100% exclusive and the budget is not badly affected.

That's all. Until next time!