How can I make a lazy Susan?

FlipturnLindaEmily
+1

Would like some ideas. Thanks

• Zard Pocleeb

The part that spins the lazy Susan is readily available, and they are cheap. As for the bottom and top pieces get some wood and a jigsaw to shape the wood. Afterwards you can paint, stain, or whatever else you want want for a finish.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Lazy+Susan+hardware&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

• Emily

metal "lazy Susan" parts are readily available at the hardware store. I have one for when I want to use a large piece of marble I have; as a surface for dough handling. You can use any material in any shape that suits your purpose for a lazy Susan, it could be a box, or a small cabinet or flat piece of material. You just need the turning mechanism.

• Flipturn

What style of lazy susan do you want - the type that goes inside a corner cabinet or the smaller type that goes in the centre of the table ?

If you do not have the lumber and all the requisite wood working tools, plus the hardware, it will likely be more cost effective to purchase a ready-made one.

Here are examples of common styles or lazy susans that are available for purchase. The last two pictures are more of a fold-out style of storage that fit back into the blind corners of lower cabinets.

Check Wayfair.com for additional choices.