Snowflake Decorations From Reclaimed Felt

$0

These snowflakes are incredibly simple and fast to make. You can hang them from the Christmas tree, string them as a garland, or hang them from the ceiling as a faux snowfall!

The best thing is that they are eco-friendly, as they are created from an old felted wool sweater!

First of all, felt your white sweater in the washing machine. The sweater MUST be 100% wool, or it won't felt properly and will fray.

Click here to learn how easy it is to felt wool sweaters in the washing machine!

Cut out a rectanagle of fabric, and cut that rectangle into strips about 1 cm wide. Then hot glue the centers together.

Next, glue the centers of these folded strips together, as shown above.

Pinch the strips and glue them together with hot glue.

Make your way around, alternating pairs, glueing and pinching them together.

When you're done, trim the tips to even them off and glue a sequin in the center. If you plan to turn these into Christmas tree ornaments, tie a loop of silver or invisible thread onto it.

Now hang them on the tree or decorate your home in other ways!

I like to string some of them together and hang them from the ceiling. This way it feels as if it is snowing inside your home, and feels just as magical!

Just one sweater will yield dozens of snowflakes. This is such an easy and fast project that you could easily make bunches of them to give away during the holidays, or sell them at a church craft fair. The sky's the limit!

If you want to give this project a go, you can find all the details of every step here: https://www.cucicucicoo.com/2018/12/no-sew-felt-snowflake-ornaments/

Does Your Staircase Need an Update?
30 Amazing Ways To Organize Your Shoes
15 Awesome Projects To Get You Ready For St. Patrick's Day
18 Ideas to Keep You From Feeling Blue
Copy One Of These Lovely Lattice Ideas For Your Home
31 Ways To Get Privacy Inside And Outside Your Home
Cucicucicoo: Eco Sewing & Crafting

• Jane
    Jane

👍🏻👍🏻

• Pamela
    Pamela

My best friend gave me an old wool sweater to use in crafting. I now know what to do with it! Her family will be so surprised when they learn their Christmas stars come from their dad's sweater. He passed away some years ago and this will be a great way to keep his memory alive for us all. Thank you so much for giving me this fabulous idea.