Dollar Tree Gnome Christmas Tree DIY

$10

Hey all! I love making Christmas gnomes and this one was made using only dollar store items. This is great for the upcoming holiday season.

First, grab a small tree to work with.

Remove the plastic base of the tree.

Now you’ll have just the metal pole!

Then cover the pole with glue and stick it to the back of the boots!

Then cut a piece of the fur and cover the top of the pole.

Now it’s super clean and you can barely see it. You could also choose to paint the bottom of the pole black to match the boots.

Next step is the hat! Cut the fabric you'd like, (16" in height). For the mittens, cut out a curve. I did this free hand, and then glued the fabric together. Then flip them inside out, so you don't see the seam.

Now take the hat and pull it over the top of tree!

Next will do the nose and beard. Grab the package of tree stems and a large wood ball.

Stick some of the greenery into the hole of the wooden bead, and then glue some white stems on the bottom as the beard.

This is how it should look! You can stick it under the hat.

Then add the mittens over a branch- as hands! THat's it, they are so easy and cost less than $10.

These look so great with my holiday decor! Check out more of what I do over on Gilbert Marketplace

3 Ideas To Use Terracotta Pots You Definitely Haven't Seen Before
Cuddling Up At Home With A Bottle Of Wine? Then Try These Projects!
Valentine's Day Is Getting Closer! Get Ready With These Lovely Ideas
Do You Want to Make Over a Room in Your Home & Add Gorgeous Built-Ins?
15 Amazing Things You Can Do With Paint Stirrers
21 Small Things You Can Do to Beautify Your Home This Weekend
25 Impressive Ways You Can Update Your Ikea Purchases!
3 Absolutely Adorable Ways To Display Your Plants
15 Clever Repurposing Ideas That Will Add Some Creativity to Your Home
26 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You REALLY Excited for Christmas
24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
These West Elm Knockoffs Are Pretty Unbelievable
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before

• Kimberly Goins

Are the boots & fur from Dollar Tree? When I clicked on the boots link it took me to Amazon. There is no link for the fur.

• Sonia Provencal

I see the small Christmas trees at the dollar store but where did you get the boots? :0)

• Nancy Wells
    12 minutes ago

where did you get the boots? fabric? you never say-and wooden balls? None of those items are at any dollar stores are in the my area Eastern shore/ Maryland or Delaware-

• Annie Sprinkles

i will try this project thank you for sharing

• Diana Montgomery

I do it differently. I made lot of something similar last year. I used 2 trees per gnome. Makes it look fuller. I paint whiskers on the tree.

• Diana Montgomery

With DT boots it did great each tree stem went into a boot. Worked perfect ones from walmart art much smaller they will not work with 2 trees. I saw the trees this year and if possible they are thinner then last years. .