DIY Map Clock From Repurposed Spindles

$5

I've always loved maps and clocks, so when I was thinking about what to do with some repurposed spindles I decided to combine the two.

Here are the spindles that I'm using to create my map clock. They're from an old thrifted table that I took apart.

I spray painted them a very happy aqua, covering the threaded bolt ends with tape before doing so.

To create my clock I'm using a thrifted baking pan, which I marked in the middle after spray painting with that same fabulous aqua blue.

Then I measured around the baking pan to mark evenly where my twelve spindles will go.

To start drilling the holes I used a small metal drill bit first.

This makes it easier to drill through with the bigger size to allow my spindles to fit through the pan.

Once I glued my map pieces on with DecoArt paper decoupage medium, I poked through the holes with a pencil.

And I added in my clockworks and my spindles, which are held in place with nuts.

If your spindles don't have threaded bolts on their ends you could glue them on with E6000 glue.

And here's my finished diy map clock created using a baking pan and repurposed spindles.

I spray painted the hands a bright red to make them stand out. I like the contrast with the map and the blue spindles.

To see more tips, pics, and details check out my DIY Map Clock blog post here.

23 Valentine's Day DIY Ideas That You Don't Want To Miss
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
30 Ideas To Make Your Office Look Great
Does Your Staircase Need an Update?
25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
Color Me Thrifty

• June
    June

Where do you get that inside piece for the clock though? I don't see that.

• Marvingardener
      Marvingardener

I have been lucky enough to find clocks on clearance at Dollar General for less than what the clock works would cost and I re-purpose

• Ida9464
    Ida9464

If I remember correctly would not this look good in your kitchen? The colors are spot on, unless I’m thinking of the wrong person😬😬😬

• Color Me Thrifty
      Color Me Thrifty

You're absolutely right about that Ida. It's in my living room right now, but the colors are perfect for my kitchen too.