Asked Yesterday

How do I paint an old wood bed to look antique?

EverettNan W.Pamela
+1

How do I redo an old wood bed to paint it and make it look antique. I would like it a gray/ white color

• Pamela
    Yesterday

Hi ! The easiest way would be to use chalk paint . Get a medium to dark gray for the under coat and an off white for the more fisable top coat . The gray color from underneath will show through . then get sealing wax in clear or antique finish , this will protect your work ! It drie hard , not waxy ! What is so great about using chalk paint is that you dont need to sand or use a primer !!! Just clean the bed frame with hot water or a de greaser , let dry . Then paint it gray , let dry , then paint it white , let dry . Now take some time - medium grit sand paper and lightly sand here and there , don't rub too hard , you only want to scratch of the white paint to see the gray show through !!! When it has the look you want wipe away any dust and apply the sealing wax . This goes on like stain , brush or rub it in , then wipe it off . Good luck !

• Everett
    10 minutes ago

Just smear on white paint,,partialy wipe off