How can I make over a much hated popcorn ceiling?

Kathy Gunter LawMom2K9DesertRose
+1

• Zard Pocleeb

There are tons of videos on YouTube for removing the texture from a popcorn ceiling.

• DesertRose

We wet and scraped ours off. It left a rough surface but we painted it and it looked great! It looked like we planned it. Most ceilings have a texture to them. Cover everything with sheets or paint throws to protect. Our neighbor did the same thing and he taped the 7 or 8 inch hose adapter to the scraper and caught most of his as he went! I wish we had thought of that! He painted his eggshell color the same as we painted ours. His looked great too and was much less work.

• Mom2K9

If you don't want to remove the texture, you can cover it with (depending on your style) reclaimed wood, faux tin tiles. Check out Pintrest. A word of caution about Pintrest...you can get sucked into it for hours...I have

• Kathy Gunter Law

You can scrape it. I would recommend you wet with warm water and use this tool:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002YSQSW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1