Use S Hooks and a Leaning Towel Rack to Sort Laundry and More...

$50

I also use baskets and such but I couldn’t fit everything in my title. Over the years I have developed a few quirky ideas for sorting and storing laundry and I thought I would share a few ideas in this tutorial. I ordered 2 leaning towel racks from Amazon. ***It took a comment to make me realized that saying “sort laundry” makes you think of sorting prior to washing... what I am talking about is sorting the clothes out of the dryer.

One day I realized this would work well to sort laundry.

If needed, the towel rack is easily stored in the space between the washer and my wall.

Here is one scenario, the gold baskets are perfect for socks and underwear, the smaller white basket is perfect for T-shirts and lastly, the larger white basket would work for either shirts or shorts, kids pants...

The size basket that you use depends on who you are doing laundry for. Obviously there is a vast size difference between toddlers and teenagers.

Wouldn’t this also be great next to a changing table until they start crawling..

If you are not opposed to Dollar Tree, they have the best selection in sizes, shapes and colors for baskets.. and they are cheap!

These are from Target and they work well for adult/teen T-shirts’ and shorts.

Keep your eye on the Bullseye Dollar Spot for baskets.

These baskets are from Walmart and come in black and silver, too. This picture also is a good shot of the S hooks at work.

Here’s a favorite basket of mine. It’s for collecting eggs but works for this too.

Now if you like to label your baskets, you can’t go wrong with mini chalkboards and chalk markers.

Or you can go the dry erase route with clip on labels and colorful markers.

Here is another storage basket idea. I use clothes hangers to hang a basket to store my son’s socks in his closet.

I also use clothes hangers to hang the baskets above my dryer for easy sorting for socks and underwear. Sometimes I have been known to have 2 sets of these and just swap them out as needed.

Do you need more ways to use s hooks?

Here I am showing tanks and I used an s hook from Amazon and IKEA and even plastic hooks from Ikea work.

You can use them and an IKEA rail or curtain rod to store jeans.

S hooks can organize a big portion of my closet.

• Eileen Haas-Linde

I have a lot of bras, so they are all on hooks on the back of my closet door. It's easy to pick the right one while you are getting the rest of your clothes.

• Lovesunique

Can't thank you enough for this idea! I used skirt hangers so I can still hang wet gloves if I want to. They are easy to take down (the hangers have hooks so I can just take the basket and leave the hangers attached to the shelf) and I can see what is in the baskets. Win-win for me. Storing cat medicines, gloves and summer cans of Off!