How do I make a shoe rack?

RymeaBetsyKathy Gunter Law
+1

Easy to make show rack, help please

• GrandmasHouseDIY

Hi Cissy, here are a few fun and simple ideas! I just found a book case at a thrift store for $10 that I put in my closet and that worked great for me! https://hazelandgolddesigns.com/15-diy-shoe-storage-ideas/

• Kathy Gunter Law

You can build it similar to a shoe rack. Simple design of sides and shelves out of shelving board.

Hi Cissy: One thing you can do is to get a wooden dowel, attach some of those curtain rod holders, the ones with a U at the end, and put the dowel into the U's. Then, and this is for heels, put the heels on the rod so that the sole of the toe rests on the wall. You can make a zillion of these quite cheeply. For other types of shoes, without heels, like tennies and flats, you can attach 2 1 by 1 inch pieces of wood to your wall, however wide or long your closet is, one on each side, and then put a board across so that it lays on the 1x1's as a shelf. You can make the shelf as wide as you would like, and if you put it about 8" off of the floor, you can use the floor for additional shoe storage. Good luck

• Rymea

You can buy them for as little as $10. Search Walmart. Hometalk won't let me insert the link.