How can I repair a crack in an oak floor?

+1

I have wood flooring that has developed a large crack at one of the seams. Couldn't figure out how to attach photo.Darlene Turnergeneraldpt@hotmail.com

• Kelli L. Milligan Kelli L. Milligan on Oct 12, 2019

That sometimes happen as wood ages and drys out. Use a wax wood filler crayon to fill in. Add more than you need use a plastic putty knife to smooth it flat.

• Sounds like it has dried out and shrunk. Here is some information to help you.

https://www.wikihow.com/Repair-Cracks-in-Wood-Floors

• Tim Tim on Oct 12, 2019

Go to a Home Depot, Lowes, or Any Hardware store an buy a Oak dowel. Not knowing how big the crack is. Trim some slivers of the dowel and push into crack and repeat till crack has filled, then use stain to color then apply clear lacquer to seal and glue. I hope that works for you, or just use the wood fillers. Good Luck Tr.!

• Dee Dee on Oct 16, 2019

Use wood filler, but try to get one that matches your flooring. I have found wood filler does not stain well.