Gail--My Repurposed Life
Gail--My Repurposed Life
  • Louisville, KY

Repurposed Headboard Chalkboard Coat Rack Shelf

If you take a headboard, turn it upside down, trim a little off of the legs, add a piece of plywood, a shelf, and some hooks, you have yourself a great little family organizer.
repurposed headboard chalkboard coat rack shelf, chalkboard paint, crafts, organizing
The color is "naval" by Sherwin Williams, but I had it mixed in Behr Premium Plus Ultra at Home Depot.
This is how said headboard started out. I'll be using the foot board for another project. I got this set free from a friend who couldn't sell it at a yard sale for practically nothing.
before it's painted you can get an idea of all the pieces and how they came together. I used a Kreg Jig to make braces that run across the back of the thin plywood.
For more details (if you want to make one--there are step by step directions on the blog) click this link : http://bit.ly/1pXUqMD
Gail--My Repurposed Life