Painted Halloween Spoons

$5

Making fun and inexpensive Halloween decor is always something I enjoy. These Halloween Wood Spoons have been on my “to make” list for a while. Painting a set of them doesn’t require artistic skills if you keep them simple like I did for these.

I bought a set of four wooden spoons at Walmart for this project. Sorting through my stash of paints, I found colors that would work well for Halloween. 

Several of the sets I found on Pinterest used painted jars to display the spoons and I was planning on doing that as well. But, a few weeks ago I found this jack -o’-lantern vase for .99 at my local Goodwill and thought it would be perfect for the spoons. I gave it a fresh coat of paint using DecoArt Burnt Orange acrylic paint. 

Each of the spoons were painted and allowed to dry. Using a foam block from my craft stash was a good way to hold them upright while they dried. 

To write “Boo” on the black spoon, I used a chalk pen. I decided to change one of the black ones to green to have two monster faces. I used a pencil to sketch out the face and then painted it with a thin brushed paint brush. The white one has a simple ghost face painted in black. 

I cut a piece of floral foam that would fit inside of the vase and pushed the spoons into it. To make the vase look full, I used a couple of small pieces of mesh ribbon that’s just poked down inside around the spoons.

You can make these as simple as you want or if you have talent for painting, you could give the spoons a much more detailed look for Halloween. I’m happy with these because they go with my not so spooky Halloween decor. 

For more easy and budget friendly Halloween decor, I'd love to have you stop by my blog that's linked below.

Beverly Roderick at Across the Blvd

• Carol

How can I clean oven door? The glass looks like streaks going down.