How can I repair sagging couch cushions?

Pat TitusLifestyles HomesSallysmith
+1

How can I fix my sagging seat cushions on my leather couch and repair holes

• Sallysmith

I took a seam ripper and removed a few stitches in the back seam of the cushion. I had a pillow that I didn't care about so I opened it up and transferred the stuffing to my sofa cushion. I kept my opening fairly small and used a chop stick to push it all the way back. I used a needle shaped like a C to sew the seam back together (I doubled the thread for strength). I was able to go back thru the original holes and it was barely noticeable and best of all it didn't cost me anything to fix my cushion :)

• Lifestyles Homes

Real leather cushions are worth the investment in high density foam, sooner or later.

Holes in leather, sounds unusual.

If it’s vinyl or bonded leather, then I would patch it. with epoxy adhesive. The patch material would be stolen from a hidden part of the couch.

• Pat Titus

I had the same problem and replaced it with high density foam...works very well. My husband has a 1/2" plywood so he cut it to the shape of the sofa and I placed it under the cushions. Its nice and firm now which we like the firmness of the cushions.