Is There HOPE for the Worst Looking Bedside Table Like This One??

$70

Who thinks they may have passed on this one?

Stickers, scratches and gouges, and some less than choice words etched into drawers ... my assistant, Celia decided to take her chances and give this old piece a second life.

Here's the before pic. But with a bit of cleaning up and sanding ... I can't wait till you see how this turned out!!

We had a fresh start and a lot of fun ideas to be creative with this one.

Inspired by a set of Suitcase Drawers we saw in Jen Crider's (Girl in the Garage) book, we picked some colours.

Fusion Mineral Paint is one of my go-to paints in my workshop as I'm a retailer for them here in Australia.

Celia chose Soapstone for the outside frame, and Brook, Prairie Sunset, Damask for the drawers.

*TIP: Do you see how we arranged my paint swatch sticks to try out the colours together?

Celia ordered latches and handles to look like suitcase hardware.

You can find similar here:

Latches

Handles

We then added stripes and variations of suitcase looking lines to finish it off.

Don't you love the finished look?

What kind of room would you put this in?

A guest room for your weary travelling visitors, perhaps?

You can find more images on my blog post link here in this post.

I Restore Stuff

• D

Oh gracious, this is just adorable! I would think kids, or teens would love it! And yes, it would be perfect for weary travelers in a guest room. Super cute! Bravo!😃

• Lisa Palmieri

Where did u find suitcase handles

• Sharon

Amazon, of course. They have everything. There is a link under Resources.

• Mari Friesen

The link for those is also in the step by step.

• Margie Hood

Amazing what a way to think outside the box..or suitcase lol in this matter..I know Im cheesy..gosh thats adorable and you could put that just about any where..bathroom, guestroom,hallway entryway, even on a porch would be cute..the possibilities are endless..

• Sharon

Thank you.