How do I get rid of roaches?

DesertRosePamelaGail

• Gail

I live in an apt complex. Of course everyone has different habits. To offset that, I never allow the insect guy that sprays once a month inside my apt. I figure if they were any good they wouldn need to spray monthly. Instead I choose to use Bengal roach spray. I spray once every three months. The cost is about $14 a can but it last for about 6 months. Has no smell, I even use it in my bedroom closet!. I've used this for about 30 years because it works, period

• Raven

Probably poisoning yourself, and maybe others, unfortunately

• Pamela

Hi ! Look into using diatomaceous earth!It is an all natural substance that is safe to use around kids and pets! I got the organic food grade type off Amazon for about $ 10 ! Read about its many uses for inside and outside your home ! Good luck !!!

• DesertRose

My first introduction to roaches was when I went to college in the South. I had never seen nor heard of them. After marrying a man there I learned to clean , clean , clean. Then I learned to store everything with food in air tight containers. For example, I removed cereal, flour etc from their packages and put them in air tight containers. Then I learned they even live in paper bags and boxes brought home from the market, so we emptied our containers of boxes or bags before we brought in the groceries. Then I learned they live on such things as carpet glue so we took up the carpets and kept our wooden floors. After a home is invaded, it takes diligence, patience, and determination but you can get rid of them if you really work at it. I also put borax (20 mule team soap powders) under the sink cabinets and around all places where pipes come in the house, any cables or cords etc. Now today, if I still lived where there are roaches, I would also clean with Simple Green. It disinfects and deodorizes too. I hope this will get you started on a healthy path of ridding the home of roaches.