$1 Minimalist Laundry Room Make Over

$1

Here's a great way to spice up any space with this simple tape hack! I wanted to give my laundry room a little makeover, but wanted to do something that wasn't too involved. This was the perfect solution.

*Disclaimer*

I did paint before I did this, but it isn't necessary at all!

Laundry Room

Here's the before shot - Just a Plain Jane laundry room that desperately needs some love!

Laundry Room Makeover

And here's a shot of the space after the walls were painted. Here we go!

Tools and Materials

• Tape
  • Scissors
  • Dry erase marker
Cut out the Tape
Cut out the Tape

I made marks on my dryer with a dry erase marker and measured out 3 inches. I did four long strips of this so it would go faster.

Put Tape Together
Put Tape Together

Once you have the tape cut out into 3 inch strips but together to make a + sign.

Put Tape on the Wall
Put Tape on the Wall

Decide what distance you want between and start putting your +'s up!

Minimalist Laundry Room Makeover

It's that easy! You can achieve a similar look using different colored tape, or creating a different design. I love how mine turned out! Take a look at my Instagram- @sommer.stains for some more fun inspiration.

15 Clever Repurposing Ideas That Will Add Some Creativity to Your Home
Make Your Kitchen Beautiful With These 15 Inexpensive Ideas
Fun Father's Day Gift Ideas You Can Make Yourself
18 Ideas to Keep You From Feeling Blue

• Ashleigh Sommer
    Ashleigh Sommer

Just want to give an update for all the comments on how the tape will fall off.

I did this project almost 4 months ago, do laundry (with both doors shut, every single time) once, if not twice a week, and every single piece of tape is still up. Haven’t had to re-tape or fix any of them.

Good things come when you think outside the box ;)

• Cindy
      Cindy

Too stinkin' cute !!! And ultra easy, my kind of home improvement !!

🎍 🔧 🔩 🔨 🍪🍪🍪 🏆 👏 👏 👏

• Elaine
    Elaine

It looks so cute!!! But I am wondering if the heat of the dryer will loosen the tape over time?

• MahtaMouse
      MahtaMouse

It's electrical tape which is made to stick in all kinds of situations; so it shouldn't be effected by the washer or dryer.

• Diana Runs with Scissors
    Diana Runs with Scissors

You did a good job. I wonder what it would look like if you you used painter's tape to make the plus signs, painted the wall an nuance type color and then took the plus sign tape down?

• Ashleigh Sommer
      Ashleigh Sommer

It would look exactly the same, just a different way of doing it and making it more permanent. By using electric tape like I did, you’re saving time and it’s renter friendly if you can’t paint.