Jennifer Young
Jennifer Young
  • Covington, GA

I Knew I Wanted to Turn This Buffet Into a Bathroom Vanity!

I found this buffet & fell in love!
bathroom ideas vanity buffet repurpose granite, bathroom ideas, diy, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling
I just knew it would make a beautiful vanity with its unique curvature!
First we had to remove the top & take it to a granite shop so they could make an exact match shape wise out of the granite we chose.
This pic shows you how curvy the top really is.
Next we had to cut out places for the plumbing.
Here is a pic of the finished bathroom vanity! I just love how it turned out!
The granite company cut the top to match with the original curves of the wooden top. The granite company loved how it turned out & asked me to send them before & after pics which I gladly did. We also put in a rectangle sink to give it an even more unique look.
My husband & I laughed because it's the prettiest vanity in our house & it's in our pool bathroom in the basement. Hope you like it! 😊

• Joh4544394

How did you get the top of the buffet off? Did you have to reinforce it for the granite?

• Rebecca Wallace

I've been looking to do something with an antique buffet as well, but couldn't figure out how to make a waterproof top. Would you mind sharing how much the granite top cost you? I would have to do something similar w/the curves and all! LOVE your project so much!!! Love that you kept the wood and didn't paint over it as well. It's stunning!

• Lynda Bruce

i'm making one and used 3 coats of lacquer to water proof the top and to keep the beautiful wood.I love it

• Judy Capone Mantell

Beautiful job! I agree with Lori about the lamp shade. I like the bright colors, just not here. This gorgeous vanity needs something more formal...perhaps a silk shade?

• Barb

FANTASTIC!!!