Vintage Bicycle Wheel Clock

We used a vintage bicycle wheel to make a new clock for our wall. It was really easy and is a great focal point for our room! The tutorial is on the blog!
I came across a Vintage Bicycle Wheel a few weeks ago and fell in love! I knew right away I wanted to make it a clock for a little corner we have in our home. I purchased a clock kit at Hobby Lobby. I think our kit was $19.99. It has all the pieces that you need in the kit including the giant clock hands.
The problem was trying to figure out how to adhere the piece to the wheel. Sure we could have glued it on there, but the battery would need replacing so we couldn't glue that closed. Plus you don't want an ugly time box showing on your beautiful new clock. So I took the lid of a paint can and drilled a hole in the center. This allowed us to screw the time piece together but hide it all the working parts behind it.
I covered the center of the lid with some left over scrap paper I had and then screwed on the two clock hands.
We still needed a way to attach it to the bike so my hubby thought about using zip ties. Luckily they are pretty easy to use so he wrapped it around the spokes to hold it to the bike.
Here is a closer picture of the zip ties.
Here he is tying them to the spokes.
I picked up some cute wood numbers at Hobby Lobby as well for the 3,6,9, and 12. I spray painted the wood numbers and black and placed them where they needed to go on the wall.
Now we can stand back and admire the adorable clock. It's a great focal point, conversation piece and it fits in our home wonderfully!

Mandy Hank

• Jennifer Biondi

So, to change the clock battery, you need to cut the zip ties, change battery, and then zip tie mechanism back on?

• Cathy Magan

THIS BEATS ALL THE CLOCK IDEAS!! What a FABULOUS, creative, original & gorgeous creation!!! OMG!!

• Connie Pesecky

I would love this in my house! My theme is clocks and bikes , this would be amazing and I am doing this! I have seen similar pieces in stores, but they were out of my price range! Cannot wait to start!