How can I clean cat urine odors out of clothes?

HeatherBetsyNancy Bentley
+3

How to get cat urine smell out of clothes.

• To Work With My Hands
    To Work With My Hands

Try an enzyme cleaner specifically for pet stains. Be sure to test it on a small area first to make sure it doesn't damage your fabric though.

• Allison
    Allison

Have you tried an overnight soak in Oxyclean? Then wash with a detergent made to remove odors (persil comes to mind) just to give it a double whammy.

• Nancy Bentley
    Nancy Bentley

Natures Miracle is the best product for cat, dog and human urine. Works well on all kinds of odors on furniture, carpets drapes.

Betsy

Hello R: I have used a product called Odormute. Pet Supplies Plus used to carry it, but I'm not sure now. You can get it online. You need a product that will change the chemical properties of the urine, or an enzyme eater. Also, Odormute will clean the spot. I have used it for years and have not been disappointed. Even on cat pee stains that were over 16 years old under a carpet, through the padding, in a corner and onto the wooden floor. Never knew the cats were using that area:( AC takes care of a lot of smells. Also cleaned and whitened my son's baseball pants. The cats peed on them and I found out a year later (they were in a box) and the pants came out white and stink free. The stuff seems expensive, but you just use a little bit. It's environmentally safe, you can use it on your pet for skunk smells, and it's made in the USA! Doesn't get any better than that. Good luck with whatever you use.

• Heather
    Heather

Sorry for chiming in a bit late to the discussion, but I really feel like I need to add my 2 cents.

Cats don't just pee on floors and beds because they're in pain - could be a multitude of other reasons! Most common is that male cats feel the need to mark their territory.

As for myself, I finally found something that works for the cat pee smell in my home! A herbal mixture of sorts! I now recommend it to everyone because it works so freakin' well and we save SOO much money!

You should definitely check it out, we don't even buy Odorban and the likes any longer :)

What a relief to finally have gotten rid of the horrible cat pee smell, and for a decent price as well.

One of my 2 cats (both neutered males) had taken to painting all of my walls, furniture, and anything else he could reach. I was horrified when I got a UV light. He never did that in all of the 9 years I've had him and didn't when I got him a buddy (they love each other and did so right away) but when a strange black cat started showing up outside both of my cats went nuts and the older one (9) started his wall painting, as well as the curtains out in the kitty room. I couldn't keep up with it.

My cats are indoor cats so it's not like the stray is actually going to get in here but they both hate him (and he is weird...my neighbor's cats hate him too). I've tried cleaning with a pet urine enzyme and then spraying some "No More Spraying" but that hasn't worked.

He's a sneaky little bugger too; he waits until he thinks I'm not looking and then does it. He's learned that the minute I see him backing his butt up to something he gets yelled at. It wasn't until I found "Cat Spraying No More" that I was able to finally get rid of this tiresome behavior. Now my house doesn't smell like a litter box anymore :)

To be honest, I don't know too much more about it so I did a quick Google search and here's a description of the spray with a long review as well.

No I have not been paid for this post nor do I make any commissions off of it. I really just want to help you guys out. I hope you don't mind.

I'm based in Sweden, by the way, so you should be able to get it too.

Good luck with the odor! It really lowers your quality of life, doesn't it?