How can I clean cat urine odors out of clothes?

BetsyNancy BentleyAllison
+2

How to get cat urine smell out of clothes.

• To Work With My Hands

Try an enzyme cleaner specifically for pet stains. Be sure to test it on a small area first to make sure it doesn't damage your fabric though.

• Allison

Have you tried an overnight soak in Oxyclean? Then wash with a detergent made to remove odors (persil comes to mind) just to give it a double whammy.

• Nancy Bentley

Natures Miracle is the best product for cat, dog and human urine. Works well on all kinds of odors on furniture, carpets drapes.

Hello R: I have used a product called Odormute. Pet Supplies Plus used to carry it, but I'm not sure now. You can get it online. You need a product that will change the chemical properties of the urine, or an enzyme eater. Also, Odormute will clean the spot. I have used it for years and have not been disappointed. Even on cat pee stains that were over 16 years old under a carpet, through the padding, in a corner and onto the wooden floor. Never knew the cats were using that area:( AC takes care of a lot of smells. Also cleaned and whitened my son's baseball pants. The cats peed on them and I found out a year later (they were in a box) and the pants came out white and stink free. The stuff seems expensive, but you just use a little bit. It's environmentally safe, you can use it on your pet for skunk smells, and it's made in the USA! Doesn't get any better than that. Good luck with whatever you use.