Tools & Materials
Before we get started, it's important that you have all of the necessary tools and materials to make this baby shower diaper cake. Unlike other baby shower gift ideas, this one requires a little bit of extra finesse, as well as some materials you wouldn't normally use when creating something like this. Here is everything you will need:
- A large box of newborn diapers. For my cake, I opted for a Pamper's pack of 62 diapers, which covered the cake perfectly.
- A pack of large rubber bands. These will need to be large enough to fit around the box that you will use as the base for the cake.
- A length of ribbon. This will serve both a decorative and a functional purpose when it comes to keeping your diaper cake together.
- A white knit elastic spool. This will also help with tying everything together. I used a yard-length spool from Pottery Barn.
- Some hot glue
- Clear balloons. I used around a dozen for my creation, but you can use as many as you want for yours.
- Some brown, high-quality wrapping paper.