How can I clean white water marks off windows?

DesertRoseJanicePamela
+1

I cleaned my windows on a cloudy day and I used Dawn dish detergent but it left water marks which I have tried to wipe off but cannot seem to remove them!!! Help!!

• Itsmemic

try vinegar or alcohol

• Pamela

Hi ! Try using hot water mixed with white vinegar ! Don't worry about the smell , it will disappear quickly . Try putting the solution in a spray bottle and using a squeegee ! If you used a lot of soap when you first cleaned them , you might need to do the water & vinegar clean twice ! Good luck !!!

• Janice

Hi Josie, a professional window cleaner advised me to use TSP and water when all else fails with cloudy looking windows. My problem was from over-spray from water sprinklers in a nearby park. The water has actually etched the glass.

• DesertRose

The residue left behind from washing windows is usually from minerals in the water. To get rid of that, you need to add vinegar to the water. I use 1 part vinegar and 3 parts water. HOpe this helps. I spritz mine and wipe them down or squeegie them down , which is easier (like they use at the gas station islands)