How can I easily make over my popcorn ceiling?

GkEmDfm
+2

Is there an easy way to get rid of the popcorn ceiling?

• Louise

Wash it.

• Kelli L. Milligan

No really. Need a lot of patience, lots of tarps and protective eye wear. Scrape and wash off if it's never been painted. Or drywall over it.

• Dfm

test the pop corn on the ceiling for asbestos-if asbestos is found, hire a company to remove it. not a dyi project. if no asbestos get a spray bottle of water and mist the ceiling with it, wait 10 to 15 min then scrape off the pop corn.

• Em

I just used a spray bottle with water and a 4" wide blade scraper. Spray let soak in a few minutes and gently scrape. if you get too zealous you would gouge the ceiling and have to fill the holes. Really not hard at all just time consuming. Lay down $ store showers under the part you are working on. Wipe down with a wet rag to remove and smooth when you are done.

• Gk

This is truly the easiest way to remove a popcorn ceiling. It is not a job you can get done fast if you have a big room but it is something you can do. It's not as difficult as you may think but it does take time.

https://www.wikihow.com/Remove-a-Popcorn-Ceiling