How do I recoat my counter tops with epoxy?

Donna MasseyTheHoneycombHomeKelli L. Milligan
+1

I had the counter tops done a few years ago. It is now rubbing off. I went to Home Depot to get the product and they said it couldn't be done. Originally, the company came in sprayed colored chips on my old counter and covered them with the epoxy

• Gk

Hello Paulette! Is there a way to get in touch with the company who originally did the work so perhaps they can give you some answers. I am thinking that if this is something they do all the time they might have the best solutions for you.

• Kelli L. Milligan

They may very well be correct. There are many finishes that react to other finishes and cause it to fail. I'd be thinking replacement instead of paying for another temporary treatment.

• TheHoneycombHome

Epoxy is hard to work with. I tried it once myself, you can read about it here: https://thehoneycombhome.com/how-to-paint-kitchen-countertops/

• Donna Massey

You can go on YouTube stonecoat site, we did it ourselves and it’s fairly easy, epoxy shouldn’t wear off, unless 1 they didn’t do 2 coats or 2 they used an inferior epoxy