How do I unclog a bathroom and shower drain?

JaniceDaleLinda Sikut
+1

How to unclog bathroom and shower?When i flush bathroom water comes up in shower

• Kelli L. Milligan

Oh oh. May have roots in your drain or a serious clog. I d call a plumber for that one.

• Linda Sikut

Hi Tony,

I agree with Kelli, it sounds like something is blocking the drain. You can try using a snake tool to see if you can bust the clot. Or try a cup of baking soda and a half cup of vinegar, let them work for a while then try flushing. If neither of those work, I'd call a plumber. Wishing with the best.

• Dale

Best way for toilet is take Dawn and put it all around in toilet put a lot around from top to bottom let it sit for about 30 minutes.There pour a pail full of warm water not to hot and use plugger after u pour water u might have to do it twice it sure has worked for me.You can put liquid Plummer in bath tub and let it sit then let hot water run in it and use your plugger.Hope these tips help you.

• Janice

Since it's not just your toilet but also it's diverting to the shower drain, that's an indication that the clog is further into the main drain in or outside your home. As others have said, it's time for a plumber who has the appropriate equipment to find the area that is clogged. They actually have a small camera type device they can run into the plumbing lines to detect where the clog is and it's often either a broken plumbing line or clogged by tree roots.