How can I compeltely exterminate roaches in a non-toxic way?

Robert LevyAmyNaomie Moore aka baileyanddaisey, Castaic CA
+2

I clean everyday and have a person with a bone marrow transplant to cone home. My house is clean but at night they still appearing. I need to exterminate them with a non chemical way when he is here.

• Holly Lengner - Lost Mom

Hi Dory,

Check out some of these posts on dealing with roaches:

https://www.hometalk.com/search/posts?filter=roaches

• Call an exterminator and have it done before your patient comes home. You will never be truly rid of them unless you do. Home remedies never work long term and only a band aid fix. Talk to the doctors and see what other things you need to do to prepare for the homecoming. Roaches hide and breed in places you can't get to.

• Amy

Use Boric Acid. It's normally used as an eye wash so it's non-toxic. Has no odor. Sprinkle it behind cupboards, under the sink, wherever you see a gap where they might be hiding. Won't harm pets either. It's a fine powder, the roaches carry it back to the nest to feed their young. Before you know it the roaches are gone. Hope this helps. I lived in an apartment in Maryland. When exterminators came the roaches would just moved where they weren't spraying. Pretty soon we didn't need them, the roaches were gone.

• Robert Levy

Electronic devise that causes sound to travels through the walls..