How can I repair my floors that have been ruined by pet damage?

JCynthia HJoe Jones

I need to paint wood floors with a built in stain and odor sealant in the paint. I want super durable fast drying due to rescuing and pet damage. I need something that is mechanically scrubbable and super waterproof !! But can’t replace floors. I considered deck texture paint but VOCs don’t allow for. I also want to strie in many complimentary colors like a beachy commercial heavy vinyl like Armstrong makes. No one color too boring. Any ideas???

• Joe Jones

Yeah try tinting spray on truck bed liner any color you want it and it can be rolled on and it’s pet safe and will NEVER chip or scratch or come off and it insulates to an extent

• Cynthia H

I would clean and seal the floor before painting. Then use a good porch and floor paint. Then use a clear floor sealer to protect it.

• J

Use Nature’s Miracle on your floor first before you paint or stain. It has enzymes to remove pet odor.

• Cynthia H

I prefer white vinegar for cleaning and removing odors. I did this with wood floors and subflooring and I got rid of cat pee odor. I pour it on straight from the bottle and scrub. Let it dry completely before sealing. I admit I scrubbed more than once, and for a really bad spot, used baking soda and vinegar and scrubbed it on my hands and knees, but, it was totally worth it. After sealing and painting no one can smell anything. Be sure you get any nooks and crannies like baseboards.