Brittany Malia
Brittany Malia
  • Chesapeake, VA

DIY Laundry Room Wall Art

$10

I recently redid me laundry area ( you can see the step by step in my other post) so I figured why not make my own sign to save more money. This was super cheap and if you love calligraphy this is perfect for you.

" so fresh and so clean clean" I thought this was a fun way to put a spin on a regular laundry sign.

For the supplies you will need:

• poster board

• two flat wood pieces

• black paint pen

• burlap string

• glue gun

• stain for wood or paint

First thing I did was stain the two pieces of wood. I got these at Lowe's for about $1.50 each I believe. So cheap and it makes a huge statement

Let those dry before Laying them on the poster board

Then I measured the wood pieces on the poster board, and took off any excess paper. You want the wood pieces to slightly be longer than the poster ( I did about 1/2 an inch on each sides)

Once you have your measurements you can cut the excess poster piece off

Now it's the fun part. I have a projector on my computer than I used as a stencil but you can also free hand this part or make a stencil yourself using paper.

I like to draw the outlines first so you can fix any little details or mistakes

Then color in between the lines once your all ready

Then I glued the wood to the poster

Finally using the glue gun I attached the burlap string to the top so I can hang it

And your all done 🖤 this was cheap and I love the way it looks in my small laundry area