Cheap Remodeled Laundry Room

$100

This is something that took me two days to do and a lot of patience but I love love love how everything I did transformed my laundry space.

This is the scary before photo. I did not give this space any love and it really needed the update.
First thing I did was sand any uneven or lumpy parts on the built in shelf. You can skip this step if you don't need to repaint your walls
Then I repainted my walls to get that fresh look
Next were going to do that gorgeous shelf above the washer and dryer.Make sure to measure out your pieces of wood and cut them to match wall to wall in your space.I used 3 pieces that were 9" x 67"Then I sanded all three pieces and stained them. I like a oak finish mixed with farmhouse brown but it's totally to your liking.
Now that my pieces are sanded and stained I finished it with a finishing no scratch spray ( watco Crystal clear lacquer protection spray)And let it dry for about 30 minIf you love the way mine came out the materials I used were:• craftsmart premium barn wood brown wax• watco Crystal clear lacquer protection spray
While we wait for the big shelf to dry I decided another small shelf would add more options for organizing lolAnd of course I'm staining it myself lolSo do the same, sand,stain and let dryAnd for the hardware I didn't like the chrome so I spray painted it matte white
I attached the hardware and hung it up
So that was day one, day two I started by putting up these gorgeous tangerine wall decalsI got these on Amazon for only $12. I needed two bundles to fill my wall
After I finished with the wall decals. I prepped for the shelf above the washer and dryer. I used 1x2 for the support and placed one on each wall.Start by drilling holes so you don't crack the wood when u screw them into the wall
Measure from the bottom of the floor and up. Use a leveler to make sure your straight.Tip: I put one piece of wood on top to make sure It was straight and leveled before glueing everything together👍
I finished placing the remaining wall decals and used wood glue to keep the pieces together and I was all done. 🙌
The wall art was also a diy of mine, if you want to know how to do it check out my other projects

31 Tricks To Help You Fix The Wood In Your Home:
3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!
The Best Nautical Home Decor Ideas To Try Right Now
25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
15 Decor Projects That Will Make Your Home Beautiful
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try

• Heje
    Heje

Had you considered wallpaper as an option? I love the entire look; as it gives a fresh and clean vibe.

• Brittany Malia
      Brittany Malia

Usually the cheap ones are glossy, these aren't. I would recommend reading the reviews before buying them just to be safe. Urban walls has amazing decals.

• Sue in wy
    Sue in wy

Great job! Is that a clothes rod in front of the shelf?

• Sue in wy
      Sue in wy

Rashida, when I first went to this page, the title said "remolded" (which I thought was kind of weird). Looks like it's been corrected. I wonder who did the correcting, Brittany or Hometalk? I haven't posted anything, I'm guessing if I did, and made a typo, it wouldn't be fixed. Yikes!

• Andrea Herrera Fry
    Andrea Herrera Fry

whats the best way to remove wallpaper without damaging what’s underneath it?

• Always amazing how a few small things can make such a big difference, right? Fabulously done!

• Flipturn
    Flipturn

Wall to wall flat counters over the tops of the appliances not only give a folding surface, but eliminates (the impossible to retrieve!) stuff falling down behind, on the sides, or in between the washer and dryer.