Flower Pot Santa & Snowman

$50
1 Day

I'm at it again making more holiday decor with terra cotta flower pots! This time... Santa and a Snowman.

You can see more of my crazy creations here

Materials:

• 4 10" terra cotta pots
  • Silicone
  • Red, White, Pink, Black paints
  • Hot glue gun and glue
  • Ribbon
  • Batting
  • Cobweb
  • Markers
  • Mod Podge

For both the Santa and Snowman I started with 4 10 inch terra cotta flower pots.

STEP 1: Paint your pots

For Santa, I painted 3 Apple Barrel Red and 1 of them with Apple Barrel Black top for the belt. I painted the last one with Waverly Paint in the color Ballet Slipper.

For the snowman - I painted 3 of them with Apple Barrel White paint and one with Folk Art Chalkboard paint.

STEP 2: Assemble pots with silicone

Once the paint dried, I used silicone to put them together in this shape.

STEP 3: Decorate your pots

For Santa - I painted on a belt buckle using Folk Art Treasure Gold paint. I used batting/snow that I found at Dollar Tree and glued it under the belt.

I glued more of the snow/batting on the top for his hat.

I added a little Mod Podge and glued one last section of batting/snow to his chest.

I hot glued on fake cobweb for hair, beard, mustache, and eye brows. I drew his eyes and nose on, as well as gave him rosy cheeks with a pink crayon.

For the snowman - I painted the white part of the snowman with sparkle Mod Podge.

I hot glued on some white ribbon to cover one of the seams, and I hot glued on 3 snowflake ornaments as the "buttons".

I hot glued on red ribbon onto the hat.

I hot glued on 2 buttons for eyes, and I drew on a carrot nose and smiley face.

I added a scarf to to his neck. I also added 2 ball solar lights to the top of each Santa and the Snowman.

I would love to have you stop by my blog   Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/c/chascrazycreations

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

Chas' Crazy Creations

• Portia Boord

Where did you get the ball solar lights?

• Rebecca Holcomb Carter

How well have they lasted being glued? We have some (a gift) and big screws and nuts hold them together.

• Chas' Crazy Creations

I have one Nutcracker I made 3 years ago and he's doing great. My 2nd Nutcracker from last year is holding up well. My scarecrow, Santa, and Snowman I just made this year so I'm hopeful they'll hold up as well. I do store them inside to protect them when they're not on display, and they sit either inside or under my covered porch.