Flower Pot Santa & Snowman

$50
1 Day

I'm at it again making more holiday decor with terra cotta flower pots! This time... Santa and a Snowman.

You can see more of my crazy creations here

Materials:

• 4 10" terra cotta pots
  • Silicone
  • Red, White, Pink, Black paints
  • Hot glue gun and glue
  • Ribbon
  • Batting
  • Cobweb
  • Markers
  • Mod Podge

For both the Santa and Snowman I started with 4 10 inch terra cotta flower pots.

STEP 1: Paint your pots

For Santa, I painted 3 Apple Barrel Red and 1 of them with Apple Barrel Black top for the belt. I painted the last one with Waverly Paint in the color Ballet Slipper.

For the snowman - I painted 3 of them with Apple Barrel White paint and one with Folk Art Chalkboard paint.

STEP 2: Assemble pots with silicone

Once the paint dried, I used silicone to put them together in this shape.

STEP 3: Decorate your pots

For Santa - I painted on a belt buckle using Folk Art Treasure Gold paint. I used batting/snow that I found at Dollar Tree and glued it under the belt.

I glued more of the snow/batting on the top for his hat.

I added a little Mod Podge and glued one last section of batting/snow to his chest.

I hot glued on fake cobweb for hair, beard, mustache, and eye brows. I drew his eyes and nose on, as well as gave him rosy cheeks with a pink crayon.

For the snowman - I painted the white part of the snowman with sparkle Mod Podge.

I hot glued on some white ribbon to cover one of the seams, and I hot glued on 3 snowflake ornaments as the "buttons".

I hot glued on red ribbon onto the hat.

I hot glued on 2 buttons for eyes, and I drew on a carrot nose and smiley face.

I added a scarf to to his neck. I also added 2 ball solar lights to the top of each Santa and the Snowman.

I would love to have you stop by my blog   Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/c/chascrazycreations

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

Does Your Staircase Need an Update?
21 Stunning Wreaths for The 4th of July
15 Perfectly Round Tables
Update Your Plain Dishes With These Adorable Ideas
15 Memorial Day Crafts
Grab Some Pool Noodles And Copy These 3 Ideas
Dollar Store Gem Backsplash
Jazz Up Your Bathroom With These 30 Stylish Additions
30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
20 Ways To Make Your Own Personalized Clock
31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
15 Unconventional Ways To Use A Tomato Cage
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
Chas' Crazy Creations

• Portia Boord

Where did you get the ball solar lights?

• Rebecca Holcomb Carter

How well have they lasted being glued? We have some (a gift) and big screws and nuts hold them together.

• Chas' Crazy Creations

I have one Nutcracker I made 3 years ago and he's doing great. My 2nd Nutcracker from last year is holding up well. My scarecrow, Santa, and Snowman I just made this year so I'm hopeful they'll hold up as well. I do store them inside to protect them when they're not on display, and they sit either inside or under my covered porch.