How do I make a tailored bed skirt?

Kelli L. MilliganFiddledd224Unique Creations By Anita

I want to make a tailored bed skirt with a matching “deck”. I have slippery metal bed frames and the pre-made bed skirts move around too much on the frame. Most of the purchases bed skirts have cheap White decking and it will always be showing. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

• Unique Creations By Anita

Here is some info to help you. https://youtu.be/HbA7sTftE_w

• Fiddledd224

place a flat sheet between the box spring and mattress, letting the sides hang down. Make a long fabric piece the height of the distance between the top of the box spring and the floor (adding a 1/2" at the top for a seam allowance and 2" on the bottom for a hem - the length of the long piece being twice the length of the mattress PLUS twice the width of the mattress (L+L+W+W). Then pin the long fabric piece all the way around the mattress to the flat sheet, wrong sides together. Sew, wrong sides together, using the 1/2" seam allowance. Then hem.

• Kelli L. Milligan

Our drapery room use lining as the deck fabric and also lines the skirting. There are patterns for different dust ruffles. I usually make box pleated ones for clients.

• Sally

I did not think there would be patterns but will certainly look into that. I like your lining suggestion. Thank you for taking the time to answer.