Simple Rustic Snowflakes Ornaments DIY

$2

Let’s create Christmas ornaments that are easy enough for kids to make yet pretty enough for adults to admire. I have made them with my mom when I was a little girl. Sweet memories…Let’s start with super easy ornaments. Let’s make stars to keep up with traditions.

Things you will need

• clothespin
  • hot glue gun and glue sticks
  • paint or water based stain
  • assorted decorative accents like ribbon, bells, beads

My stars are usually fuller looking so I use 8 clothespin for each star. First you need to take them apart and set springs aside we will work with those later.

Hot glue clothespin together really tight .

There are so many options that you can go about painting clothespin. Since I am a really plain kind of a girl I like to stain my stars or paint them white.

When paint dries out you can start to hot glue 4 pieces together, then add next 4 pieces and glue them to the inside of the star.

and then add another ones in between as shown below

You can decorate them or leave plain the way it is. I love me some ruffia and wooden beads

Just because you can’t stop on one star let’s make some more. Love making Christmas Ornaments. Be creative and come up with your own designs. I stained some of mines too.

All what I was using here, were little cut wooden cutouts that you can find at the Dollar Tree or any craft store.There are so many ways you can use them to decorate your house with! Hang them, lean them on the shelf or wall or make them be a part of your wreath. I will show in the later posts how to decorate with them.

I almost forgot about clothespin springs that I have on the side! Let’s work with those now

String the springs together and make a start out of them too! You will need 10 of them

What do you think? If you enjoyed my little craft you may like to check my little gnome ornaments I made Easy Faux Fur PomPom Gnome DIY

Check Out These 30 Incredible Floor Transformations Ideas
15 Memorial Day Crafts
15 Perfectly Round Tables
These West Elm Knockoffs Are Pretty Unbelievable
26 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You REALLY Excited for Christmas
Agnes Chrzanowska

• Karen
    Karen

How did you get your metal springs to stay in the star shape? I tried a little dot of hot glue in each corner and the star still bent out of shape. Please help! Thanks!

• MARY
    MARY

I CROCHET SNOWFLAKES AND HAPPEN TO KNOW THAT SNOWFLAKES HAVE ONLY 6 POINTS AND STARS HAVE 5 POINTS. I'M NOT SURE WHAT YOU CAN CALL WHAT YOU MADE, BUT IT IS BEAUTIFUL - A DECORATION?

• Linnie
      Linnie

Stars can have 6 points too!

This is a snowflake, which we're told has 6 points in nature. But in reality, snowflakes have any number of points. So, we can be creative with stars and snowflakes! Making an ornament is about having fun and enjoying the process!

• Bubbles
    Bubbles

I really liked the idea for the clothespin stars, however when I tried making them the hot glue wasn't enough to hold them together and proved to be a weak bond. I am considering using E6000 instead has anyone else had trouble with this? If so, what did you do?

• Pdmkiss
      Pdmkiss

I made these years ago. I had thrown a large batch of clothes pins into wood stain. Unfortunately the stain left a slight oily residue and the glue from the glue gun wasn’t holding. Then switched to E6000 and that did the trick.

• Mary Jo WINNIE
    Mary Jo WINNIE

Looks like fun!!

• JoAnn Harrison
    JoAnn Harrison

I love when a craft comes together and I don't have to spend money. I had all the necessary items on hand and I am very happy with the results.