My project with blue paint, the "I dont care howit turns out attitude"

Diana DeileyLaurie HarryJoAnn
+18

I got these items at a yard sale, the stool for $1, the night stand for 5, the other stuff (fountain) I had, bought 3 cans of paint..this is all meant to be used outside and get weathered. So I didn't prepare anything , just dusted them off, primed, then sprayed..many drips and drops, I am the worlds worst spray painter. At least when it is very hot and I just want to get it done. I figured they will get weathered anyway, so I didnt care too much. They were just plain wood color, so they do look more fun this way. However I did find they must have been stained before because drops of something leaked out on the paint! Oh well. it was just a sigh of relief to get it done!
7:30 a.m first coat before it got really hot
Well, why not paint the old grey fountain too! haha There is a bird poop in there . I painted right over it! (snicker) I didnt paint the inside because I am going to put succulents in there.
OH well, might as well give the basket a swipe too!
And a swoosh for the broken strawplanter too! hahah Going crazy here!
On the porch, waiting to be used for coffee in the mornings.
the $1 dollar stool!
Oh heck, lets paint the bird house too!
  • 3po3

This is about how my spray paint work turns out when I am trying to make it look good, so I am impressed.

• Becky H

I see you finally decided what paint to use on the pineapple! Cheerful color. Should compliment your garden well.

• Bernice H

Thanks Steve and Becky.......Hubs just came home and said "I like it~! Whoda thunk? Yeah I was a little intimidated by the fountain and pineapple, I guess it is resin, but I never found out and rustoleum says ...paints over anything! The worst thing that can happen is it weathers, just as a fountain would.

• Thistlewood

You go girl! This made me smile! I love a painted pineapple!

• Sherry R

Amazing what you can find at garage sales. I like your blue- It pops with color!!!

• Becky H

Hey Bernice, you might want to check out the pineapple door knocker post. Apparently in Marietta, Ga. a pineapple can be translated to advertising you're into "swinging". Things might get lively at your house. 8-)

• Heather B

I like it! I really adore the stool!

• TaniaC

Oh Bernice..I knew I liked you... Your post made me smile♥...I just love the Blue and it is my daughter Katelyn's favourite colour so she would really love me to do something like this LOL!...:)

• Bernice H

That spray paint was so cool to work with too. I just kept spraying and spraying and spraying. once I got going .......like eating popcorn! thanks!

• Bernice H

haha I am from connecticut ...never heard of that pineapple thing! Not in ct , or ca, or wa, or nj., okinawa, japan..........etc hahah too funny!

• Leida R

AWWW!!! I LOVE IT!!!

• Becky H

I take it traffic hasn't picked up at your home yet, huh Bernice?! Give it time; we'll find out if the pineapple message is just a localized thing.

• Leida R

Becky H, LOL!!! That is just too funyyy!!!

• Bernice H

Ha ! well maybe I could use a little excitement around here?

• JoAnn

You do need to take care of the grass with paint on it. No good for it!

• Bernice H

@JoAnn actually....there was no problem with the grass, after all this time, nothing happened. it grew and was mowed, and gone. Now the cement area..that's another issue. What I get for being impatient and crazy with spray paint!

• Laurie Harry

My husband (rest his soul) was a maniac with a can of spray paint. I used to dread anytime he had a can in his hands. He would paint anything in his path until it was empty.

• Bernice H

Thank You Laurie Harryso true...something happens to some of us when holding a can! Watch out world! Thanks for checking in!

• Diana Deiley

You go girl! LOVE it. No stress is perfect. Thanks for sharing.

• Bernice H

Hi..thanks for resurrecting this...I had forgotten all about this post! I am still in love with this color but a deeper shade,because as I look around..my house is full of it! Ha!