Bernice H
Bernice H
  • Woodburn, OR

My project with blue paint, the "I dont care howit turns out attitude"

Diana DeileyLaurie HarryJoAnn
+18

I got these items at a yard sale, the stool for $1, the night stand for 5, the other stuff (fountain) I had, bought 3 cans of paint..this is all meant to be used outside and get weathered. So I didn't prepare anything , just dusted them off, primed, then sprayed..many drips and drops, I am the worlds worst spray painter. At least when it is very hot and I just want to get it done. I figured they will get weathered anyway, so I didnt care too much. They were just plain wood color, so they do look more fun this way. However I did find they must have been stained before because drops of something leaked out on the paint! Oh well. it was just a sigh of relief to get it done!
7:30 a.m first coat before it got really hot
Well, why not paint the old grey fountain too! haha There is a bird poop in there . I painted right over it! (snicker) I didnt  paint the inside because I am going to put succulents in there.
Well, why not paint the old grey fountain too! haha There is a bird poop in there . I painted right over it! (snicker) I didnt paint the inside because I am going to put succulents in there.
OH well, might as well give the basket a swipe too!
And a swoosh for the broken strawplanter too! hahah Going crazy here!
On the porch, waiting to be used  for coffee in the mornings.
On the porch, waiting to be used for coffee in the mornings.
q my project with blue paint the i dont care howit turns out attitude, outdoor living, painting
the $1 dollar stool!
the $1 dollar stool!
Oh heck, lets paint the bird house too!
Oh heck, lets paint the bird house too!
  • 3po3

This is about how my spray paint work turns out when I am trying to make it look good, so I am impressed.

• Becky H

I see you finally decided what paint to use on the pineapple! Cheerful color. Should compliment your garden well.

• Bernice H

Thanks Steve and Becky.......Hubs just came home and said "I like it~! Whoda thunk? Yeah I was a little intimidated by the fountain and pineapple, I guess it is resin, but I never found out and rustoleum says ...paints over anything! The worst thing that can happen is it weathers, just as a fountain would.

• Thistlewood

You go girl! This made me smile! I love a painted pineapple!

• Sherry R

Amazing what you can find at garage sales. I like your blue- It pops with color!!!

• Becky H

Hey Bernice, you might want to check out the pineapple door knocker post. Apparently in Marietta, Ga. a pineapple can be translated to advertising you're into "swinging". Things might get lively at your house. 8-)

• Heather B

I like it! I really adore the stool!

• TaniaC

Oh Bernice..I knew I liked you... Your post made me smile♥...I just love the Blue and it is my daughter Katelyn's favourite colour so she would really love me to do something like this LOL!...:)

• Bernice H

That spray paint was so cool to work with too. I just kept spraying and spraying and spraying. once I got going .......like eating popcorn! thanks!

• Bernice H

haha I am from connecticut ...never heard of that pineapple thing! Not in ct , or ca, or wa, or nj., okinawa, japan..........etc hahah too funny!

• Leida R

AWWW!!! I LOVE IT!!!

• Becky H

I take it traffic hasn't picked up at your home yet, huh Bernice?! Give it time; we'll find out if the pineapple message is just a localized thing.

• Leida R

Becky H, LOL!!! That is just too funyyy!!!

• Bernice H

Ha ! well maybe I could use a little excitement around here?

• JoAnn

You do need to take care of the grass with paint on it. No good for it!

• Bernice H

@JoAnn actually....there was no problem with the grass, after all this time, nothing happened. it grew and was mowed, and gone. Now the cement area..that's another issue. What I get for being impatient and crazy with spray paint!

• Laurie Harry

My husband (rest his soul) was a maniac with a can of spray paint. I used to dread anytime he had a can in his hands. He would paint anything in his path until it was empty.

• Bernice H

Thank You Laurie Harryso true...something happens to some of us when holding a can! Watch out world! Thanks for checking in!

• Diana Deiley

You go girl! LOVE it. No stress is perfect. Thanks for sharing.

• Bernice H

Hi..thanks for resurrecting this...I had forgotten all about this post! I am still in love with this color but a deeper shade,because as I look around..my house is full of it! Ha!