Funky Upcycled Hanging Storage Buckets

$2

In the summer I added a much needed shed to my garden. I gave the shed a unique paint job (see it here), so that it became a feature of the garden. This Scandi inspired shed still has a humble use though, as it is just used for much needed storage. However, I thought it would be fun to make some repurposed hanging storage that matched the fun paint job on the outside of the shed.

Every morning for breakfast I have Greek yogurt and fresh berries. So I buy my yogurt in these big plastic buckets. They are similar to popcorn buckets that you can also get at the supermarket. I decided to use these for my repurposed storage.

My shed design was actually inspired by some Marimekko napkins I picked up from my local kitchen shop.

I used the napkins, yogurt buckets, hooks and an old strip of wood for this storage.

First I painted the buckets white.

I then covered them in Mod Podge (decoupage glue).

Next, I decoupaged the tubs with the napkins in strips. Just use the top printed ply of the napkins. Visit the blog post if you need more photos and instructions of this stage.

I painted the wood black to match the napkins.

The hooks were screwed into the wood. Make sure you put them far apart so that the buckets can hang side by side.

Finish off by hanging the decoupage buckets onto the hooks. The buckets storage as well as being handy matches the outside of the shed.

I love to repurpose every day objects into fun handy storage. You should check out what I did with some old shoe boxes here.

Claire at Pillarboxblue