Robin A
Robin A
  • Jacksonville, FL

How do I black wash paint ?

Susan LynnEclectically Vintage - KellyMiriam I
+8

Pirate ship we built for our grand boys! I want this pirate ship/fort/swing set to look stressed and worn. For those that have see my earlier posting please forgive me for re posting. Having troubles loading my photo!
q how do i black wash paint, outdoor living, painting
  • Bernice H

This is so wonderful! What a loving thing to make for the boys, so many memories to be made!

• 3po3

This is fantastic. I am jealous of your grandkids.

• WOW... now that is some playground! Totally amazing. Those lucky boys will never forget this playground. :) Donna

• Jeanette S

I do not know what kind of lumber you used, but unless you used the pressure treated kind, I would worry more about making sure this lasts than trying to get a particular look for it...??? This is too fantastic to allow the elements to damage it before its time!

• G B

Paint it, then sand off areas for a distressed look.

• Robin A

Pressure Treated

• The Space Between

This is really, really cool! You could apply a stain or even water down some paint to create a glaze and give it an uneven finish that looks aged. Either way, I'm sure it will provide many hours of enjoyment. :)

• Thistlewood

I second the space between....and I think the weather will help a little bit with the distressing!

• Miriam I

Glad you got this up, Robin! Way cool. Welcome to Hometalk!

• You win grandmom of the year for this one!

• Susan Lynn

Did you come up with the plans yourself or where would I be able to find plans for this. I have looked before, but was unable to find any. I would appreciate any information you could give me. Another grammie wanting to make this for her grandkids.