How To Make A "Mirrored Pumpkin" Without Mirrors

$3

How to decorate a pumpkin and make it look like it is made with mirrors without using a single mirror? Here in this tutorial I explain to you how you can make it.

Cut into stripes and then you will cut those strips into small irregular pieces.

Start by gluing the pieces near the steam area. If you look at the pumpkin it has a circle at the top and that's where you will start. When you are gluing them, try to place them with the larger flat side on the edge to emphasize that circle that originally comes with the pumpkin.

Then you are going to glue two pieces with their flat side inward, to mark the natural lines or grooves of the pumpkin.

Fill the center of the pumpkin and continue marking the grooves on the sides. Then you continue filling all the spaces until the pumpkin is completely covered.

To make the stem of the pumpkin, take a piece of clean pipes and with a foam sheet piece, fold it in half and cover it. Then simply tie up with wire. And done!!!!! Here is the final result of this beautiful MIRRORED PUMPKIN.

DIY Tutoriales y mucho más

• Mikefitz

Very cute. Not clear on the pumpkin stem. What are Clean Pipes? What kind of foam sheet did you use and what did you cover it with?

• Jewellmartin

I figured out the pipe cleaner, and I have a piece of soft foam the right color for me. I’m guessing the wire goes around the foam-covered stem, because I don’t see any other exposed wire. Mirrored pumpkins are $10 at the cheapest and don’t look nearly as good as yours. Plus, I like cheap. Plus plus, I love those silver or gold plates and forks and such. If I did the stem just right, I could teach my grandkids some disco moves, if I can get out of my wheelchair. Fun times ahead! Jewell

• Mary Dodge

Wouldn't white glue have held just as well if it was allowed to get tacky before applying the mirrors? I also wonder if aluminum foil would work (if the pumpkin is going in the trash after the season is over). And maybe a rolled soda straw for the stem. You've got me thinking! Cute idea, regardless.

• M

Pumpkin is made of foam so it can be saved for next year.