How do I remove my countertop without messing it up?

Becky at Flipping the FlipJeremy HoffpauirCourtney |The Kitchen Garten
+2

What kind of countertop? What is it made of? Wood and laminate tops are caulked and screwed from underneath. Granite, marble, and quartz tops are caulked and set in place. The weight and caulk keeps them in place.

• Kelli L. Milligan

What kind of counter top ? Cultured, laminate or granite. Will at least on all would have to remove sink and disconnect plumbing. Laminate is usually screwed on from underneath. Cultured and granite can be glued on. Will have to use a putty knife and try to loosen carefully from underneath and cut caulk joint at wall.

• I think it depends on if glue was used or not, but here's a video of removing granite without breaking : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4opYeuRUqjk

• Jeremy Hoffpauir

Do you have a picture?

• I agree, it’s going to depend on what your counters are made of and how they’re attached to the cabinets. You’ll need to do some sleuthing.