Reusable Bees Wax Wraps

$2

We all know how bad plastic wrap is for the environment, but there aren't too many options for reusable wraps out there, so we keep using the stuff to wrap our leftovers, sandwiches and picnic items.

Now, I have a solution for you using fabric and bees wax! Say "buh-bye" to that tangled plastic wrap.

Materials:

• Cotton fabric
  • Beeswax beads
  • Scissors
  • Aluminum foil
  • Baking tray

STEP 1: Trace out your shape

I used a plate to trace a circle larger than the bowl I wanted to wrap. I also continued to make squares and large rectangles. Take out a few of your bowl or containers to try and plan your shapes and sizes, if it helps.

STEP 2: Cut out your shape

You can use fabric scissors or regular, craft scissors, just make sure they're sharp.

A smooth, straight fabric edge will give you a better, seal-able wrap at the end of the process.

STEP 3: Line a tray with foil

I used a pizza tray for my circular shape. This process actually kind of looks like making a pizza, so it works!

STEP 4: Add beeswax beads

Place your fabric topside down onto the lined tray. Sprinkle with a small amount of bees wax beads. Be careful not to use too many. Too many beads will result in a large pool of melted bees wax and you'll have to start all over again.

STEP 5: Bake your fabric

Bake in the oven at 350 degrees F for less than one minute or until wax has melted. Keep a close eye on it so that the fabric doesn't get too hot. Just keep it in until the wax melts.

STEP 6: Let your wrap cool

You'll want to wait until your wax is completely cooled before using it. Every time you use it you will be changing its shape, but for this first, pre-use step, you'll want to give it some time to set.

Now your wrap is ready for use! Wrap the food item or dish of your choice and use the warmth of your hands to activate the wax to stick to the item. It only takes a few seconds!

You can wrap anything in these, either for storing in the fridge or bringing out of the house.

When you're ready to use it for something else, simply hand wash them with soap and water!

• Diane

I’m a bee keeper, I have lots of wax. I make candles, lotions......now wraps. ☮️❤️🐝

• Tulsidai

I recently got one of your beautiful rugs. However I would like to return it as it’s a bit too big.

who do I return it

thanks