Thrift Store Tray Makeover

$5

I visited my usual Goodwill store and found this tray for $3.99. Cute, but not my style. Sorry rooster but you have to go. It is time for a makeover. Read on to see what I ended up doing using only things I already had in the garage or in my craft bin.

Step 1…

First, I spray painted it white. It took several coats to cover up that cute little rooster. Again, sorry rooster.

Step 2…

Next, since I am into all things coastal and nautical I decided to ‘beach this up’ starting with this anchor stencil I had. This stencil was left over from when I refinished these bar stools. I also used left over paint from my August Thrift Store Challenge when I refinished this piece for my dining room. This blue color is called English Channel. While I was doing the stencil I also painted the edges and sides of the tray.

Step 3…

Lastly, I could have left well enough alone, but thought it looked a little plain. Back to my craft bin I went where I found this wire jute rope ribbon. Not sure why I had this or when I bought it, but obviously I knew I would use it somehow for some project. This tray was it.

I wrapped the rope around the handles to make it look a bit more nautical. This rope has a wire in it so it was easy to wrap and make sure it was tight. Then I glued the edges to the tray using my glue gun just to make sure they stayed.

And here is the finished product. I styled it a few different ways for you to see how I will use it in my home. I hope you enjoy! Not bad for only spending $3.99!

3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
15 Perfectly Round Tables
13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items
Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
Super Cool Painting Techniques You've Probably Never Seen!
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
21 Stunning Wreaths for The 4th of July
3 Great Projects To Flip Your Cookie Sheet Pans
Check Out These Wonderful Gift Ideas You Can Do All By Yourself
24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers
15 Ways to Spice up Your Floors
The House house