Master Bath Mini Makeover ~ Budget Friendly!

$100

Is your master bath not worthy of the master? You can give it a facelift for just a few bucks! See how we transformed our master bath from blah to beautiful!
bathroom redo master mini makeover budget, bathroom ideas, home decor
First I framed out the mirror with some molding. Mitered corners, clear adhesive and paint. It made a huge difference. Then tape everything off and use a good primer for the counter and cabinets.
After a basecoat that matched the mirror frame...I used craft paints and a sponge and crumpled paper towels to get a faux granite look.
Use several coats of polyacrylic to seal the counter. Prime, paint, glaze and seal the cabinets. This is Sherwin Wiliams Creamy
Add gorgeous oil rubbed bronze hardware and stand back and bask in your awesome diy skills.
We also spray painted the light fixture with Oil Rubbed Bronze and changed out the faucets. Without the faucets you can do this project for under $100.
Want to see more? All the details are in two posts here: http://www.kellysmoonlight.blogspot.com/2012/05/master-bath-mini-makeover-part-1.html
and the one below...

Kelly @ The Moon And Me

• Kelly

I would like to know how you applied the clear coat to seal the (Marble). spray paint sponge

• Kelly

What would you recommend for a white counter top?

• Kelly @ The Moon And Me

to paint it white? I would still primer and maybe do a faux marble..although I've seen some pretty ones done with white/cream tones in a similar fashion to this.

• Tammy Hernandez

I just repainted my master bathroom in a light gray cabinets are white w/ very little gray in it flooring is tan w/ a chocolate splatter I think the distressed white will look good but what color should I paint the facets and counter tops

• Kelly @ The Moon And Me

I don't suggest painting the faucets. As far as your counters...with gray walls you could go black...I did black counters/white cabs with gray walls in our guest bath...the floor in there is tan/beige. If you want to play up the chocolate in the floor and you gray is warmer, you could do chocolate brown. In the end, it's whatever you think you will like more.