Add a Farmhouse Touch With Fence Pickets & Wood Crates

$110

I decided for the holiday season to give my porch a refresh. I wanted it to be low budget but I was willing to invest in two faux cedar trees because they will last for many years. Somewhere towards the end of this project, I wandered into Lowe’s to buy some fence pickets for another project. On the drive home, I began envisioning these pickets framing my front door. I was so excited... my plan is to also tack Christmas decor to them. What would you do, if you had these at your front door. I can’t wait to hear all of your ideas.

The first step was cleaning the glass and sweeping the porch before adding some new decor to the front door area.

I love Sprayway glass cleaner. I’ve been using it for years. It cuts through dirt, grime and dog slobber.  Does anyone else love this glass cleaner?

I bought baskets from Target and when I opened the box, they were a lot smaller than expected. So I decided to try to elevate them with wooden crates. Originally, I was going to use planters but since it is fall, there wasn’t a great selection of two matching planters.

Because I seem to kill all my front door plants, I’ve thrown in the towel and I purchased faux cedar trees from Amazon. I spent days reading reviews and deciding on if I should buy the two 3-foot tall trees or the two 4-foot tall trees. I went with the three foot tall trees. But to be truthful, I think the 4 foot tall would have looked better.

When I put them in the basket, I felt like I could give them the illusion of being taller by slipping something under them inside the basket. I slipped an inverted flower pot inside and placed the tree on top.

I bought dog ear pickets and they are very affordable. For around $10, you can add some major farmhouse appeal to your front door.

I used these brass colored screws because I thought I might attach the pickets through the front and I thought this would look pretty. In the end, I went through the backside so they aren’t seen in this project.

I cut a small piece of wood to attach the three pickets together across the top.

I attached it from the back with the screws.

To attach to the crate, I used another crate at the top as a placeholder/level work surface.

I screwed them into the backside of the upside down crates and used a piece of scrap wood at the top.

I’m not even sure how I decided to add these fence pickets but I am so glad I did. I think they really add height and dimension to the doorway. Here they are fresh from Lowe’s and just leaning in place.

It was this girl’s birthday yesterday. She is 9 years old! She is such a good dog sitting there for me.

I love how 6 fence pickets brought this to a whole new level. I love how when I drive up, the fence pickets really catch my eye.

I can just see two Christmas wreaths hanging on either side of the door.

Now for painting the door... The paint that I bought is non returnable. But after using the color app , I prefer black but maybe the blue will grow on me.

Click the link below to go to Part 2...

https://www.hometalk.com/44062801/paint-it-blue-painting-my-front-door-greenery-decor

30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
26 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You REALLY Excited for Christmas
Cut Up Some Pallets For These 20 Amazing Ideas
Use Your Old Corks For These 25 Clever Ideas
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
23 Valentine's Day DIY Ideas That You Don't Want To Miss
Check Out These 30 Incredible Floor Transformations Ideas
14 DIY Must-Haves For All Camping Trips
15 DIY Projects That Will Make You Say "WOW!"
Copy One Of These Lovely Lattice Ideas For Your Home
Beautify Your Home With These Flower Ideas

• Lyn

Where did your buffalo check door mat come from?? I love it!! The whole thing!!!