2 Dollar Modern Nutcracker

$2

I found modern lacquer Nutcrackers on West Elm, Pottery Barn, etc for a minimum of $40! I grabbed a couple dollar store Nutcrackers and did the same thing for only $2!

You can see more of my crazy creations here

Here's a picture of the version that is sold at West Elm, Pottery Barn, and more for $40!

I grabbed wooden Nutcrackers at the dollar store.

I pulled off all of their hair and beards. It was easy and the glue came right off with them.

I used Folk Art Home Decor Chalk paint that I had on hand in the colors black and white. I painted each of the Nutcrackers with 2 coats of paint and let them dry between each coat. After the last coat, I let them dry completely. I love how they turned out and 2 Nutcrackers for $2 instead of $40 for 1 - that's more my style and budget!

I would love to have you stop by my blog   Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/c/chascrazycreations

Chas' Crazy Creations

• Nan14068468

You show the finished objects, but the hat on one is different in the after photo. Did you change the hat or the nutcracker?

• Chas' Crazy Creations

No I made several to give as gifts and different varieties. I took pictures as I went for the instructions, but didn't realized I wasn't grabbing the same ones for the final pictures. Sorry about the confusion.