Faux Shiplap Wall Treatment

$60

No matter what I did in my entry it just never seemed “right”....so shiplap to the rescue! This faux shiplap treatment is a big impact on a small budget! I’ve included photos of the material that I used, which was purchased at Home Depot.

Please note that I labeled this project as a two day time frame because of the painting as well as the installation of our floating shelf...we did that on day two!

Before photo of my entryway...we replaced the floors so I went my nieces go crazy on our old flooring with sharpies. I regretted that after the second day I had to stare at them LOL

The most important thing to notice about this photo is the lines one the wall marking out the studs, with those lines we knew where to add our pin nails!

This is the material that we used...depending on the amount of area you’re planning to cover your coat and material amount needed will vary!

After we got the pieces cut to desired size and length we added the liquid nails adhesive on the back of each piece of ship lap (to ensure an even stick) and nailed up our pieces. The length and seam spots on your material really depend on what look your going for, I wondered a staggered seam line so I cut my pieces accordingly. But remember, you want width of your pieces to be as identical as possible. If you have a track saw use it, otherwise a skill-saw and straight guide will do!

We primed our shiplap with Kilz 123 primer but you can choose whatever you’d like!

Next step paint with your desired color...I went with Behr in farmhouse white with a flat finish but whatever you prefer is great!

I wanted our entryway to be usable so instead of going all the way to the ceiling with the shiplap I opted to go a little or half way up and use a reclaimed piece of wood that my husband had laying around. Laying around....I know, how amazing is that?! You could use so many things that would look great, let your imagination go wild and most importantly see if you have anything...laying around!

As you can tell the floors are new and I gave our front door a fresh coat of paint but here it is! I’m so in love with our new entryway!! Notice the trim piece on the corner of the shiplap and drywall...we chose to add this for a more “finished” look but you could definitely completed this project without it! Take a look at more of what I do over on Instagram- @fosterfarmhousefurniture

Spring Cleaning Tricks for the Kitchen
How To: Make Hot Glue Placemats + More Crafts Ideas!
Step-by-Step Painting Techniques You'll Want to Try!
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
3 Ideas To Use Terracotta Pots You Definitely Haven't Seen Before
15 Clever Repurposing Ideas That Will Add Some Creativity to Your Home
Jazz Up Your Bathroom With These 30 Stylish Additions
15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut
15 Decor Projects That Will Make Your Home Beautiful
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
3 Weird Step-by-Step Ways to Decorate Your Plain Tea Towels
Hide Your Couch's Wear and Tear With These Great Ideas
22 Ideas To Make Your Terracotta Pots Look Oh-So-Pretty

• Kelly Allen

When you are ready to redo it in the future will the glue ruin the drywall? Could you just use nails in studs?

• Terri

Hi, what size width are your pieces? My wall is 14’ long with a window in the center. ( 5’6” to left and 5’4” to right of it.). Would you recommend doing them all that length and no seams? Thanks!!

• Chris

Love your wall but I also LOVE the color of your door. Do you know/remember what color it is?