Asked on Nov 1, 2019

How do I paint the wood on small intricate mirrors ?

VimarhonorFrugalFamilyTimes.comNan W.
+3

I saw a set of three small mirrors at the Goodwill store and I just love them. They are framed in wood and have ornate intricate wood patterns that cover the mirror. The mirror shows through in all different shapes .... pretty but small. There is no way to tape them off. I'm stumped.

• Jeanette S

Cindy,

By your description, it seems that these are just framed mirrors.

Turn them carefully over and remove the mirrors from the back.

Refinish the frame as you wish and clean the mirrors...but be very careful putting them back in.

NOTE: Make sure you number the frames and mirrors so you will know which one goes back into which frame...AND put an arrow (or dot) at the top of both. Why? If these are old, it may appear that the grid lines of the frame has been etched onto the mirrors. This may not come off so you will want to make sure you put the mirror back into the fame it came out of. And you will have to orient the mirror in the direction it was in the frame before you removed it.

• Frankzare4u

Very carefully, is the only answer.

• Nan W.

Cindy: I agree with Jeanette. ...that's the considerations I would use

• FrugalFamilyTimes.com

Can you take the mirror off the back? Is so then it’s pretty simple to spray paint then. 🤷‍♀️

• Vimarhonor

Could you post a picture of the back of your frames? Most commonly the glass or mirror’s can be removed from the frame. Posting a picture for us to see may give us more ideas to give you a more appropriate solution.