DIY Faux Wood Wall

$30.00

Who doesn’t love a simple/inexpensive DIY! This faux wood wall cost me roughly $30 (Canadian) to complete. I purchased the faux wood wall stickers from Dollarama for $3.00 a pack (8 stickers in each pack). I roughly used 9 packs of stickers for this wall & still had some left over. I was looking for a way to change up the look at the end of my hallway without breaking the bank. This is definitely the way to go if you don’t necessarily want something permanent (peel & stick) & also need a project that is affordable. Dollarama has lots of different colours with regards to wood tones that you can choose from. I decided to go with the greys & whites!

This is the before shot of my hallway. To prep the wall I removed the mirror & table. I just gave the wall a quick wipe down to remove any dust.

Just an FYI when picking out the wood colour for your stickers some packages will have lighter wood tones and some will have darker. I just picked up 9 packs and then mixed and matched the colours.

This is all I used! Cutting board and kitchen knife which I obviously already had on hand. An Axecto knife would also do the trick and a hard surface to cut your stickers.

Just over halfway done here. You can see how I mixed and matched the dark and light pieces, but you could also use one colour if you’d like. Also when you get to the baseboard/corners of the wall I just cut the sticker right on the wall to get rid of any access material.

Some pieces I left long and some I cut short just to break up the pattern/colours. A tip I would recommend is making sure you line up your stickers so that they are even in height with the sticker on either side. This will ensure your stickers look straight and line up. Also, it may take a bit of practice to get it lined up straight, but because it is peel & stick you can put it on/take it off until you are happy with it.

I love how this project turned out. It has added so much character and Willis a perfect affordable accent wall. The great thing about this project is if you decide to paint or change your mind it just peels right off!

Follow me on Instagram @farmhousefeels_

30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
Grab Some Pool Noodles And Copy These 3 Ideas
Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
Check Out These Wonderful Gift Ideas You Can Do All By Yourself
15 Stencil Patterns You'll Wish You'd Seen Sooner
21 Clever Wind Chimes You Can Make
15 Home Improvement DIY Ideas You'll Want To Copy This Month
15 Kitchen DIY Ideas That Will Come In Handy
Instantly Upgrade Your Living Space With These Amazing DIY Ideas
Do You Want to Update Your Antique Furniture?

• Robin Pempsell

Did your wall have any texture to it?

• Nancy Cordero

Hello I’m new to your page. I was wondering was it expensive to recreate? Though that wall looks very eye catching now. I also love the way you made all the decor fall into place.. Possibly one of these days I can also give it a try.. Thank You will be looking forward to your next project...

Signed Nancy Cordero

Brooklyn, New York

• Shannon Calico

What color is the paint on the hallway walls

• CathyAl Grace

I just done my bathroom with wallpaper that looks just like this other than horizontal

• Chris

I did a similar thing with a left over box of vinyl flooring I purchased at the Restore for $10 CDN and glued to a false wall that hides my tv cords. Looks real...fools everyone!