Annie
Annie
  • Australia
Asked on Nov 1, 2019

How can I remove hot glue from the oven?

BetsyCheryl AAnnie
+2

An applique made of hot glue got into my oven the oven was heated to very hot and the glue melted I tried to whipe it out while it was still hot which spread it all over the bottom of the oven how can I remove this mess please

• Johnavallance82

Hello Annie,

Try heating it up again and baking it on, or squeeze Dish soap onto plastic and add Barkeepers friend, warm oven and let the plastic absorb the Soap and powder.

then try to remove with a brillow pad or a paint scraper.......

If you have insurance, you could be covered by accidental damage?

• Annie

Thanks for your answer it is baked on hard tried scraper not doing anything I will try heating it up a little no I do not have accidental cover

Hi Annie: Did you try freezing it? Some stores, my local grocery store carries it, has dry ice for sale. You can try to use that to really freeze and harden and then scrape the glue off. Be very careful with dry ice as it is REALLY cold! I keep mine wrapped in newspaper and in a foam container when I'm not using it. Or, you can try something that will attack the glue, like acetone. But, if you have a gas stove, I'd be careful with anything that is flammable. Good luck

• Annie

Thank you Betsy I think I have removed it all using vinigar and scraping with a plastic card did wipe the last bit with nail polish remover it had taken days working it bit by bit but I think it is gone won't let that happen again