Delightfully Noted
Delightfully Noted
  • Chicago, IL

Old TV Cabinet Turned Craft Hutch

$40

EEK! This old beat up thing was left behind by the previous owners & for quite some time it sat in our basement and served as my "Monica closet". Any old fans of the show "Friends" in the house?! Basically, any or every little thing I didn't know what to do with was shoved into this old TV unit.
Old TV Hutch
Old TV Hutch
Shortly after starting my own little stationery business we realized we needed to remodel our home office to better accommodate all my shop's inventory, but there was one little problem.......there was no storage or closet space in the room. That's when little Miss Ugly's life was spared! Why not convert the TV unit into a craft/office hutch to help store some of my supplies? And that's exactly what we my did!
Is that a dog in there?
Is that a dog in there?
Holy smokes! Who knew I was storing animals in this thing?
So after clearing out the wild life we just simply sanded, painted, & added a peg board to the back of the unit. Yes, it was that easy. Kicking myself for not doing this years ago! I found the picture holder at Pier 1 & thought it was the perfect way to display some of my card designs on the side of the cabinet.
craft hutch tv cabinet repurpose redo, craft rooms, organizing, repurposing upcycling
But are you ready to see the inside? That's where the real magic happens!
The peg board was part of a kit we found at Menards. The kit came with a variety of hooks in which I hung my scissors and supplies from. No more fumbling around through drawers to find them! I had so much fun shopping my home and stores for all the little baskets and hutch decor.
Now I have a fun and organized space for all my packaging materials, hole punches, ribbon, card stock, postal scale, & other business supplies. I can not express how much easier my life is with this storage unit! No more running room to room just to finish one order.
No more "Monica Closet"!
Delightfully Noted