Asked on Nov 4, 2019

What kind of plant will do well aside a tree stump?

Jen OsterhoutRedcatcecKelli L. Milligan
+2

I have a small tree stump & I want to put an edging, (wooden, plastic etc.) Does anyone know what kind of plant can I plant around it that will be a strong plant.? May be a perennial flower? Any ideas? Thanks guys !.........Matt

• Nan W.

Madeline: so much depends on which zone you live in. Hopefully this will help:

https://www.gardenia.net/plants/hardiness-zones

• Kelli L. Milligan

Not quite sure what you are asking. Visit your local nursery for the best advice for your region and project.

• Redcatcec

Hi Madeline,

Take a picture and some ideas to your locall nursery and they can guide you with a proper selection of plants to do your project. They can help you with appropriate plants and arrangements for your landscape.

• Jen Osterhout

I agree with the above but if you are up north (I’m in New England) I have to give a shout out to hostas. Hard to kill, good for shallow planting (ie they work around the roots of my maple tree) and are fast growers. They come in a variety of leaf colors and sizes and some are even flowering. Good luck!