Colorful Fall Wreath

$20

Oh how I love fall, especially all the colors! Imagine my disappointment when I went in search of a bright and colorful fall wreath and all I found was brown, brown, and brown! After my fruitless search I decided It was time to take matters into my own hands, and this is what I came up with! Hope you enjoy!

Who said fall colors had to be only brown, red, and orange?! Not me!

Here are some of the basics supplies you will need: multi colored craft paint, scissors, sponge brush, hot glue gun, and wire.

Here are the main items you will need: Foam craft ring (mine is 16 inches), burlap leaves, cardboard word "gather", roll of 6 inch wide mustard yellow burlap (or burlap color of your choice) to wrap around the wreath.

Simply dab the burlap leaves with acrylic paint in alternating colors for your desired color scheme. Paint the cardboard word "gather" the color of your choice.

Wrap the mustard yellow burlap around the foam wreath, hot gluing along the back as you go for a secure fit.

Arrange the burlap leaves onto the wreath in a pattern that is pleasing and then lift each leaf and glue them one at a time. If you arrange the pattern first, and then glue, you will be able to make changes easier if something doesn't mesh. Then, using wire, attach the "gather" to the wreath.

I am so pleased with how this turned out! The colorful leaves just make my stark white door pop! What do you think?

• Burlap leaves  (Hobby Lobby)
  • 16" green foam ring  (Hobby Lobby)
  • 6" wide yellow burlap  (Michaels)

• GeorgiaBulldogsFan

Wow, I love this! I have been recycling regular fall colored leaves for my Thanksgiving and Fall decorations. You can find them under my projects. I still have many leaves left. I am thinking about using Spring colors and making a wreath after I paint them pretty pastel colors. Thanks for your post giving me another decorating idea for next year. Keep up the good work.

• Julie

Very pretty!!!