Asked on Nov 5, 2019

How can I make an acrylic pour countertop?

VimarhonorLaura McGrawChas' Crazy Creations
+1

I would like to do an acrylic pour on my dining room build-in buffet. It will mainly used for looks but may hold platters or plates with food. Can I do a resin finish over this.

• Tinyshoes

Donna...I have not done but take a look at some of the videos on Google. They are really good videos and show the steps....interesting!!!!!

• Laura McGraw

I did my countertops with resin epoxy from Lowes. I put colored mica directly into the epoxy and poured that way. You could do an acrylic and epoxy over it..... in fact if I could do it over I would do it that way. Just practice your pours with the colors you choose before hand. Watch some videos on how to achieve different effects..... I recommend some bottles (like condiment bottles ketchup and mustard that you'd find at dollar tree red and yellow ) to squirt your paint .... they really make things easier. Paper towels work flgrear for swiping method..... you'll find little tips the more your practice and watch videos.

• Vimarhonor

Hello - Here is an idea that I find exciting and interesting for your consideration. I hope this helps.

https://youtu.be/xpbzr-SE8qg