Craft Room Makeover - Extreme Upcycling - Dresser Dress Up

$20
1 Week

Hi there,
Welcome to my zany craft room makeover. This week is my tenth project in this series and it might be my craziest project so far, but it makes me smile even if it is a little juvenile. Somewhere along the way, in this room makeover, my projects took on an Alice in Wonderland feel so I have decided to just go with it and with today's project I am totally embracing the Alice theme. If you would like to check out the other projects in this series you can find them all here.
The project started with these two shabby dressers and let me just say that stripping the paint off was not the funnest part of the job. :-(
Once the paint was off I discovered that one of the dressers had primer paint and the other did not so they do not really look the same. But me being me (ie: stuborn) I decided just to continue with the project as planned.
I made some custom stain colors to match the accent colors that I am using in the room.
And then I made each of the drawers a different stain color.
Now you may think that was the crazy part. But no there is more.
As I mentioned before I have an Alice in Wonderland theme going on so I used some black acrylic paint and I added some art to the dressers as well. :-)
You can find more details in the attached video and at the following link  http://www.upcycledesignlab.com/craft-room-makeover-extreme-upcycling-dresser-dress-up/

Thanks for taking a look at my project. If you would like more upcycling project DIY's or Green Product Reviews please visit my blog or Youtube channel to subscribe.
Happy Upcycling,Cindy

Cindy @ Upcycle Design Lab

• Cherie

when I click on the link for your blog, it tells me I can't view it in draft mode.I cannot see the finished product and was really wanting to see it as i am also working on an Alice in Wonderland themed room (using the original Disney animated film as well)

Just an fyi. Also, maybe put a picture of the finished product on your post?

• Hi Cherie,

Sorry I don't really understand. There is a finished photo on this Hometalk post and I don't know anything about draft mode. Sorry I can't be more help.